Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 52

Do the Puyallup! If you lived ine Washington, you would know that the little phrase is really a little jingle encouraging Washingtonians from all to go over to what is advertised as one of the largest fairs in the world. Now, I am not quite convinced of the validity of this claim but I can tell you that doing the Puyallup has been one thing I truly enjoy about this place and will miss when we leave.
This year was especially great and special because we got to take the little muffin man. Though he has no clue what the fair is or what we did, I had a ton of fun (and not because we got to indulge in fatty foods)
Truth be told the fair was actually  much more of a hassle this year...packing for a days worth of baby needs for a couple of hours because this guy is so unpredictable, maneuvering thru a giant crowd with the world's bulkiest stroller, stopping every so often to try to soothe a baby with a paci we all know he doesn't really like (just give it up all ready mommy),and being told we were ridiculous for trying to take our baby on the carousel for baby's first ride (well they said it a lot nicer but I saw the look in their eyes) to name a few
Nevertheless this day will be treasured in my heart forever because it was our first special outing as a family, just us (minus the mash and boogs, our furry babies) and for the first time we were parents taking our son out to give him a special time. Yes I know he is a baby and really the fun was for us but it is an amazing feeling to take your child out and be together as a family. I cannot wait until he actually gets to experience it too.




On a side note, I am now absolutely terrified of EMF waves. I really have no idea what they are or what they cause but from what I got from the little booth at the fair, they are absolutely horrible and they live in my cell phone. So now I have to find some other time to check my facebook because if I do it while nursing, I can cause potential harm to my baby. That or I can buy this tiny hologram and be safe. Well thanks to my husband, I now have to schedule facebook time into my day. If only I could have gotten that hologram!


No comments: