Having studied child development as my major and having worked at a daycare, I knew the importance of tummy time. So of course, Jr, began his sessions his first weeks of life and much to my surprise he loved it. As the weeks went on though momma didn't push it as much and he got used to being on his back. When I decided to get serious about it again he hated it. And so the sessions were less frequent, sometimes there were even a span of days without it! Bad Mommy!
Just yesterday when me and Jeremy Sr. were talking about how we need to work more on tummy time with Jr. I commented on how some babies end up with a flat spot on their head from spending too much time on thier back. Of course that caused us both to want to check our baby's head immediately and surely enough, there it was, a little flat spot on his little noggin. Well......that was my opinion. Daddy's opinion was that it was huge and flat as a board. And of course after further inspection and a consultation with Dr. Internet, Mommy agreed and was panicked too.
Thankfully we got an appointment with the doctor the following day but not without a day of stress for all us. We both felt our baby's head would turn flat as a board if we let it touch a surface for more than a couple of minutes so we spent the rest of the day doing everything not to put the baby down and forcing him to be on his tummy. Of course, Jr. hating it already, cried his little heart out. It was a looooong day.
Well turns out, his little head is just fine. Yes there is a small spot on his head but it is pretty common with a lot of babies. Alls we gots to do is continue to push tummy time better and it will go away on its own. Still, mommy and daddy of course are paranoid and want it gone now! We are getting pretty hardcore with this whole tummy thing and our poor baby absolutely hates it. Now I can't figure out of our pushiness will cause him too much stress and he won't even want to try it out ever again. Before he would hang out for a little and then cry and now he begins to cry as we are setting him down. What do we do? Awwww, if only I would have kept up with it. Now I am worried and stressed. I thought Parenting was supposed to be easy, no?
![]() |
| Baby Jeremy at enjoying tummy time. |

No comments:
Post a Comment