Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

This Memorial Day we went down to Corpus Christi with our friends. Its about a six hour drive down there but it was definitely worth it. It kinda reminded me a little bit of San Diego because of the bay and the bridges but San Diego is still a lot prettier. The beach was nice, the water isnt as blue but it was a lot warmer. It was also weird to be at the beach when it was raining and thundering but since everyone around us seemed to be ok with it, we figured it was a common thing down there and we would be safe.

Baloo loved the water too. He was jumping when the waves came at first but 20 minutes later he refused to go back in. He would go in when Jeremy pretended he was drowning but as soon as he saw that Jeremy was safe he would run back to the shore. A little while later when he threw up, we realized why he didnt want to be in the water anymore. He has been sick since. He is doing a lot better though. I think the salt water is almost all out of his system. You never see the dogs throwing up in the movies when they are at the beach but I guess it makes sense. We should have known.


Corpus is huge on fishing so Jeremy tried that out over on the pier and I think he caught a couple of fish but they were too small. I had to stay behind with Baloo since they dont allow dogs on the pier. Poor Baloo. We love him so much but we are thinking about maybe leaving him behind next time so we can do more . Trouble is, he is too little to stay home alone (he still needs to go out a lot to the bathroom) and we don't know want to leave him with strangers at a doggie daycare. I think we are going to be crazy when we have kids. We love Baloo like our baby and he isn't even human. I can't imagine how we will be when we have the real thing.


Well even though our Memorial Day was super fun and we had some days to relax, we did take the time to pay our respects to those who gave their lives in our country's fight for freedom. Although I had thought about it in the past a little bit, it was definitely a different experience this year. I have met so many of guys that work with Jeremy that are soldiers and you begin to realize that the guys and girls names you hear on the news are actual people with families, friends, dreams....these guys may sometimes be rough around the edges but they have become my friends. they have big hearts and most of the ones I have met serve their country with pride and a great sense of duty. I know lots of you may never be directly affected but it is my hope that all of us can take the time to pray for all those who serve, have served and their loved ones. They need it.

Mr. America and Baloo posing at the beach ;o)
Mis modelos en la Playa de Corpus Christi


Baloo refusing to go in the water. I guess his tummy was hurting pretty bad at this point. Despues de media hora en la playa, Baloo reuso meterse en la agua. Se nos olvido decirle que la agua salada no es buena para tomar ja ja ja :)


This is when Baloo still hadn't begun to drink the water.
Todavia no habia tomado la agua.



Selena's monument. The stairs from the movie were right there too.
Una estatua de Selena.


*we love and miss you*

No comments: