Monday, March 1, 2010

The Cast Comes Off!

Well actually the vet called it a splint but I liked to refer to it as a cast. Anyways, Wednesday evening we took Mashy in for her vet appointment. We had been told that there was a great chance her cast would be removed at this appointment and I was so excited. You can't imagine what a hassle it has been to have her in that thing. Let's just say things have been pretty messy.
I was so anxious when the doctor took Mashy to the back, hoping and praying the x-rays would show she was fine and her bone had healed well. You see, I didnt follow the doctors orders as well as I should have. In fact I did quite the opposite of what I was supposed to. I let Mashy be Mashy, a crazy, jumpy, happy puppy. Sure I limited the area she was in and tried to keep her in the kennel at times but I will admit I could have done better.
Well Mashy came back without her cast! Hip Hip Hooray! But much to my dismay her leg looked so bad. She loss muscle mass and she has sores all over. But that wasnt even the worse part...you see the doctor gave me more news...Keep Mashy quiet another four weeks! Oh goodness Doctor! You have no idea how hard it is to keep the baby girl still. Thank God for the sedatives they prescribed us and for my wonderful husband who allowed us to go out and buy her a more transportable kennel so she doesnt have to be locked up all alone upstairs. This time I need to listen. The cast is off, which means no more support or cushioning. I don't need to be worried like that again

we love and  miss you

No comments: