Sunday, November 1, 2009

Back to Work

Well i finally got a job!.......Yay! Praise God! I was really beginning to get very down about not working. (though I do love sleeping in and spending the day with my Baloo) Up until now, the job hunt  had been very frustrating and disappointing. Initially I was hoping to get a job as a substitute but that route was not going so well. They are really strict about their subs being highly qualified and I was having a difficult time getting all my references together....then when I finally did get in, I found out that the districts have an abundance of subs given that so many teachers were let go last year and they are the ones getting the jobs. Even so, even they are only get called only about 3 times a week.
Well after turning in several applications for different jobs in education, I finally got some interviews scheduled. And though most of the interviews went well, I was only offered one job. But that is a good thing! I asked God to make it really clear as to which job He wanted me to take, so that was a very clear sign :o) So within the next few weeks I will be starting my job at a Christian school district in an early childhood center as a breaker, which is basically an assistant postion. Although this was not what I really had in mind, I really feel good about this job. It seems like an awesome place to work and ther director says I can definitely work my way up and apply for a teaching position when one becomes available. I'll be honest and say that I wish I could be teaching given that I had been in San Diego but I am just trusting in God that He has a great plan for me here. And for that I am happy.

No comments: