Saturday, April 6, 2013

Perks of Living on Post


We avoided living on post like the plague. Every single story we had heard about living on post had us scared. Horrible neighbors. Ridiculous rules. Disgusting housing.

Well when we first got here, after a cross country drive with a one year old, 2 dogs, 1 driver, towing a car and a sick mommy on Christmas weekend, it would be understandable that the search for a suitable house would be a stressful one. We quickly decided (well when I say we, I mean Jeremy out of love agreed after seeing me cry) that we would try living on post. We were terrified.

Thank God we have been blessed so far. We have wonderful neighbors, a beautiful house, and we are a short commute to Jeremy's work (this will be great when Jeremy starts his drill sergeant hours coming and going at crazy hours of the night).

However, I never knew living on post would have other perks too. One of which being that there is always something to do.This has been great while Jeremy Sr. has been at drill sergeant school.

Today Jeremy Jr. and I got to go with my wonderful neighbor to a horsemanship program. It was a 5 minute drive from the house. Last week we went to the Easter celebration. This week we will go to the dog park fest and next week....

I know there are many activities going on in the outside world too, but its been fun getting to do all these things so close to home in a safe place, especially when you are brand new to an area that is so different from home. We are really liking living here thank God.

By the way...Jeremy Jr. loved the horse. Such a dare-devil.

No comments: