Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Blog Resolution

So with the new year coming, I am making monthly resoltutions in hope that I might be able to stick to them given that it easier to tell myself that I only got a month to work through as opposed to a whole year. So periodically, well monthly, I am going to post my goals for the month. My hope is that every month I will accomplish my month goals and continue them as I try on new goals. So here goes my first 3 goals of the years.........

1.-Read my Bible daily & set aside a special time in prayer . I am starting a new study at church this week and hopefully that will give me a better set plan than what I am doing now.
2.- Do a weekly post on the blog. I love writing about our life and am so excited about the idea of having a personal family journal to pass down to our future kids one day (Yes, they are going to want to read it!) I am hoping to add more and document more of our lives. Oh! Our kids are going to be so grateful! ;)
3.-Use cash for all our spending. With us sharing an account, things can get a little crazy since we are not good about writing everything down and this debit card thing is just not working for us. We are trying real hard to get in financial shape so I am hoping this tactic will do us good.

Those are my goals for the month. I hope to report good things next month and not pretend I never said anything like I did at one point about exercising in one of this summer's blog.

And check in weekly if you would like, there should be a post waiting just for you to read :)

God bless you this new year 2011!
Its going to be a great year!

Abby

1 comment:

Megan said...

I can't wait to read your blog posts and updates, Abby! I bet the cash system will work really well for you guys ... we aren't super diligent about it but I know we spend less when we use cash than our debit card. Good luck!