Last weekend I had an amazingly awesome visit from my sister, brother, and nephew. Sad thing was that it went by way too fast and it made me miss my family even more than I already do. It also made me realize how much I am missing out on my little Gabriel's life. In his 15 months of life I have only seen him a handful of times. I have missed his rolling over, his crawling, his first Thanksgiving and Christmas, watching him transition to solid foods, so many things. It breaks my heart, thinking that he does not know me as his Tia.
Then again, maybe he does. Moments after landing, little Gabriel let me smother him with kisses, which according to my sister, he does not just let anyone do. And though he cried when we put him in my car, when we reached the restaurant, he actually let me hold him. He smiled with me, laughed with me, played with me, let m hold him, and tickle him all weekend. And the cherry on top......he began to walk for the first time here with me! Though he had already taken a few steps from time to time back at his home, my sister and brother both promise me that his real walking began here with his Tia! Yeah I do miss out on a lot and its a bummer but it makes me feel great to know that up until now, he always makes me feel special, like he knows that I am his aunt and that he realizes just how much he is loved by me.
Thanks baby Gabriel (and My sister and brother, for making my weekend awesome.
**I love and miss you**
If you look closely, you will see a tiny little cutie sitting in the grass.
There was a Sounders Soccer game going on and traffic cops all over the place. Gabriel had the awesome idea that me and my sister jump out of the car (at a stop light) along with baby to take a picture of him in the mitt. That is why he is missing a shoe in the picture. It must have fallen off in the car during all the commotion.
Gabriel and baby by the port of Seattle.

No comments:
Post a Comment